Orientation activities in the days leading up to the school year help CWRU students get acclimated to campus and college life.
Additional details and registration for each of these orientation programs will be available beginning in June.
New Student Orientation
All incoming students are required to take part in the week-long New Student Orientation, which helps make your move to CWRU and University Circle as smooth as possible by introducing you to campus, Cleveland and new friends in the days before fall semester starts.
There will be a one-day Discover Cleveland program on Saturday, August 26th designed to help students learn about Cleveland while getting to know themselves and their new classmates. All incoming students will be able to go on one of these adventures.
- Move in: Aug. 20
- Program dates: Aug. 20–27
- Fall Classes begin: Monday, August 28th
Move in day
- Those traveling from outside of the continental United States for Orientation are invited to move in as early as Friday, Aug. 18.
- Those participating in a fall varsity sport will receive communication from their coach regarding their move-in day.
- All other students will move in Sunday, Aug. 20.
Parent and Family Orientation
Parents and family members are encouraged to take part in orientation activities that help them learn strategies for supporting their student during their transition and get answers to questions most important to parents and families. Students can register your parents through the new student checklist in June.
- Program dates: Aug. 20–21