As you gear up for your first day of college classes Monday (!), we talked to some current students to get a few pieces of advice to make your first day awesome. Here are five top tips, straight from those who have been there:
- Do a trial run in advance to locate your class buildings (in order of your schedule) and the rooms within the buildings, too. Know how long it will take from your residence hall to your first class…and leave yourself plenty of time.
- You’ll be walking a lot. Fill a reusable water bottle, and bring it with you to stay hydrated.
- Introduce yourself to the person sitting next to you before each class starts to start building relationships with the people in your classes.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- After the first day, read through each of your syllabi and note important dates, including exams, papers and finals for each of your classes on a calendar (paper or electronic, your choice).
Have a great first day! You’re going to be amazing.